- Press the ON/OFF button to turn the checker on. All segments will be displayed for a few seconds, followed by “Add”, “C.1” with “Press” blinking.
- Using the 10 mL syringe, measure exactly 7 mL of sample into the large mixing vial.
- Using the 5 mL syringe, add exactly 4 mL of HI-781A-0 reagent into the large mixing vial.
- Add the content of one packet of HI-781B-0 reagent into the large mixing vial. Replace the cap and shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- Remove the plunger from the 10 mL syringe. Attach the syringe to the filter holder assembly using the threaded connection.
- Remove the cap from the mixing vial. Hold the syringe and filter holder assembly over a cuvette. Carefully pour the contents of the mixing vial into the back of the syringe.
- Very slowly push the plunger into the 10mL syringe until the 10mL cuvette has been filled up to the 10 mL mark and replace the cap.
- Insert the cuvette into the checker and close the cap.
- Press the ON/OFF button. When the display shows “Add”, “C.2” with “Press” blinking, the checker is zeroed.
- Remove the cuvette, unscrew the cap and add the content of one packet of HI-781C-0 reagent. Replace the cap and shake vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Insert the cuvette into the checker.